Welcome to the Kansas City Chapter of the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists!
Chapter members and guests will find information here about our educational programs and calendar of events, our board of directors, and the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS). If you are a CEBS designee or student and a member of our chapter, we thank you for our support. If you are not yet a member, we invite you to join.
Please take a look around, and be sure to add the site to your bookmarks for easy access.
If you have any questions or comments, or for more information, please feel free to contact a member of our board!
Kansas City Chapter
2016 Year in Review
Fellow CEBS Graduates & Students –
As you may know, we have a very active KC ISCEBS Chapter so we wanted to share a recap of our successful 2016 as we look forward to another great year in 2017!
If you haven’t done so, please consider joining or renewing your national and local KC ISCEBS memberships! Click here to renew now! The benefits of membership are enormous!
Highlights of 2016:
- We held 4 well-attended workshops, featuring presenters who are experienced and dedicated to the benefits field:
- KC Chapter Workshops:
- Ask the ERISA Expert Panel Discussion
- Fundamentals of Welfare Benefit Plans (all day course)
- Technology Trends in Benefits
- Understanding the New DOL Conflict of Interest Regulation – What Employers Need to Know
- KC Scholarship:
Our local chapter sponsored a Scholarship for those completing the Retirement Plan Associate (RPA) or Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation. The scholarship offers reimbursement for all tuition, materials and exam fees associated with the designation of their choice. We are pleased to announce that our 2016 Scholarship recipient, Paula Musil, successfully completed her GBA, RPA, and CEBS certifications! Look for the 2017 Scholarship application to hit your inbox soon!
- KC Membership Increase:
We increased our local chapter membership by 10%! This is a sign that the information and education from ISCEBS and the IFEBP is more valuable than ever to those of us in the benefits industry.
- ISCEBS 2017 Symposium in Denver:
Five of our nine ISCEBS officers and board members attended the Annual ISCEBS Symposium in Baltimore for four days of outstanding benefit presentations and networking. We sponsored a happy hour and networking event while in Baltimore. Next year’s Symposium will be held in Denver. Remember – you do not need to be a CEBS graduate to attend the Symposium. If you have never attended, please put this on your “to-do” list to consider in 2017. The Symposium runs September 17-20. Click here for more information.
- Valuable IFEBP Webinars:
2016 was the first year that your ISCEBS membership included free access to IFEBP webinars. If you haven’t taken advantage of added membership benefit, please do so! These webinars contain some of the best information available in the entire benefits industry!
2017 Chapter Officer and Board of Directors:
- President:Nik Lewer, CEBS, ISCEBS Fellow, GPHR; The Lewer Companies
- Vice President: Kelly Kilgore, CEBS; Children’s Hospital Association
- Secretary: Wendy Dayton, CEBS; Lockton Companies
- Treasurer: Brent Hall, CEBS; Sole Practitioner
- Past President: Lee Gilgour, CEBS; Department of Labor, EBSA
- Director: Marissa Bartling, CEBS; Hays Companies
- Director: Yvonne Frame, CEBS; Cerner Corp
- Director: Brad Mandacina, CEBS; Lockton Companies
- Director: Charles Tantillo, CEBS; The Taben Group
- Director: Rhonda Thiedke, CEBS; Kansas City Power and Light
- Director: Debbie Umbarger, CEBS; Waddell and Reed
We are sending a heart-felt “thank-you” to Sam Henson as he completed his service on our local board in 2016. Sam continues his commitment to ISCEBS by serving as Secretary/Treasurer on the national ISCEBS Governing Council!
Please feel free to reach out to any of our officers or directors for more information or with questions. Our contact information is on our website.
Nik, ISCEBS KC Chapter President
February 23, 2017
What the Health Reform is Going On Out There?
The Kansas City Chapter invites you to attend their February program "What the Health Reform is Going On Out There?" on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at Waddell and Reed, 6301 Glenwood Street, Overland Park, KS.
8:15 - 9:30 am
Breakfast will be provided.
Waddell and Reed
6301 Glenwood Street
Overland Park, KS